[J22-Fleet 1]Reminder and news from New Orleans

Angela Johnson angldjhnsn at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 11:21:30 CDT 2005

Hi, everyone,
Just a quick reminder to bring items to donate to New Orleans refugees and relief workers to the club Sat. morning before Districts.

We are all hearing stories of how red tape have slowed down some relief efforts.  That's why I think my fearless sailing pals who just introduced themselves to one of the commanding officers, started administering first aid, continue to pull people out of homes and office buildings and continue to hand out donated items directly to victims are so amazing.
Linda has depleted the 3 semi trucks she originally filled so what I'm gathering is going into the next round.  A reminder of items need is pasted below.

Her baby girl made the news.  Here's a link to the story:
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/nation/story/26220F9C53933CFE8625707A001B928E?OpenDocument&highlight=2%2C%22sense%22+AND+%22of%22+AND+%22hope%22+AND+%22dawns%22M

Thank you to all who have responded to my email and have been willing to help out!
Angela Johnson
(crew #809 MarLes Clipper)

Socks
Shoes, especially sizes 10, 11 and 12 for men and women
Over-the-Counter medications, especially for diarrhea, because dysentery is starting to set in on the population there.  Advil, Tylenol, Aspirin, Allergy and Flu relief medications.
Sanitary items for women
Band-Aids and bandages
Neosporin
Cortizone Cream
Antibacterial Wipes
Non-perishable food items (things that are light include tuna in bags, peanut butter tubes)
Towels & Washcloths
Razors
Febreeze
Q-Tips
Sheets (Twin Size) & Pillows
Vicks Vapor Rub (VERY IMPORTANT)
Long Rubber Gloves to deal with contaminated items
Sunglasses & Sunscreen
FLIP FLOPS in BIG SIZES (VERY IMPORTANT)

We Cannot Adjust the Wind, but we can Adjust the Sails!