[J22-Fleet 1] The crew weight scale at WYC

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Mon Aug 28 17:10:05 CDT 2006

I've fielded several complaints that the lead weight balance scale at the club for weighing crew is inaccurate compared to some digital scales at local health clubs. Some said it weighed heavy, some said it weighed light.

So yesterday we used the J22 class certified boat scale and a crash test dummy to test the crew scale's accuracy.

Low and behold it was accurate to within 1/4 of a percent.

Lesson? Trust thy American made lead balance scale. Tried and true technology for over 5 millennia.

Now if we could just get the thing to read in metric.

Thanks again Ross for stealing the scale from your hospital.

dj