[J22-Fleet 1] Thank you - More Updates

George Hansen george at pcspeed.com
Thu Aug 31 14:11:29 CDT 2006

J22 Fleet # 1
North Sails Clinic - Thank you Fleet # 1 !
I want to thank everyone who attended the North Sails Clinic put on by Greg
Fisher.  We had an excellent turnout - ideal conditions - and some great
tips from one of the best in the business.  I think everyone would agree
that this event was a tremendous success.  Thank you to Lars for putting
this together - Sean for driving Bailiff - and all of our Fleet # 1'experts'
for attending.  It seems that old dogs can learn new tricks.  And we
continue to distinguish ourselves as one of the most active J22 fleets in
the country...nice job everyone.

Crew Drive
It should go without saying...but please make sure all of your crew are
<http://www.wyc.org/about.htm#How%20to%20Join> members of WYC. We all
benefit greatly from WYC, and it is the best deal going.
<http://www.wyc.org/about.htm#How%20to%20Join> Sign up today !

9/2 & 9/3  <http://www.wyc.org/j22/Districts-NOR.pdf> Evergreene Cup
<http://www.wyc.org/j22/Districts-NOR.pdf> /J22 Districts - NOR on the J22
Home Page
30 boats for Districts ?  We have several out of town boats racing this
weekend...so this is shaping up to be another good event.  Be sure to
welcome the visiting J22's.

Schedule:

Friday 9/1        1700-2000          Registration and weigh-in at WYC Club
House

Saturday 9/2    0730-0900          Registration and weigh-in continued

                       0900                  Registration Ends-Skippers
Meeting at WYC Club House

1030                                      Warning Signal For Race 1

4 races are scheduled but the PRO may, at his discretion, decide on the
number and location of races depending on time and conditions.

<http://www.evergreenejewelers.com/evergreenejewelers/myheadline.asp?S=123&P
=7609&PubID=4457> Everygreene Party - Full Bar and complimentary dinner for
all Skippers, Crew, and guests after racing !

(I need help here !!! Let me know if you would like to help out)

Sunday 9/3      0930                  Warning Signal for the first race of
the day.

2 races are scheduled, but the PRO may, at his discretion, decide on the
number and location of races depending on time and conditions.  A Warning
Signal will not be made on Sunday after approximately 12:30 hours.

                       1300-1600          Awards Ceremony following racing

                                                J22 NA's - Final Planning
Session - Attendance Mandatory for all J22 members !!!

 <http://www.wyc.org/j22/Districts-NOR.pdf> Evergreene Cup - Come join us
for the big event...before  <http://j22northamericans.com/> THE BIG EVENT.
Even if you are not racing - join your fellow J22 racers for social -
Saturday or Sunday.  Hope to see you there !

9/9 Saturday  - J22 NA's Media/Sponsor Race
Want to get your boat on TV ? In the paper ?  or both ? Here is you chance.
J22 NA's Media/Sponsor Race is a great opportunity to rub elbows with some
local media celebrities - and raise money for a cause close to your
heart....the  <http://www.wyc.org/wsf/default.htm> Wayzata Sailing
Foundation.  We are going to need boats for this event.  To make your boat
available give me or Steve  <outbind://1/Paidosh@myocor.com> Paidosh a
shout.   Thank you for supporting this unique event.

Mooring Update  - Slips assigned and Moving Days planned !  We need 100%
support for this one !!!
Schedule:

Thursday 9/7   20:00                  Boat Move Day 1 -

                                                Rides from Shorewood Yacht
Club(SYC) to WYC will be provided by boat or car immediately following the
race.

Sunday 9/10    15:30                  Boat Move Day 2

                                                Rides from Shorewood Yacht
Club(SYC) to WYC will be provided by boat or car immediately following the
race.

Comments:
Below slip assignments @ Shorewood Yacht Club for all boats on B and C dock
- D dock in the works still.

We are going to need everyone's help to move boats on Thursday and Sunday -
so plan on staying late and helping out.   We will need people to deliver
boats to SYC, as well as boat drivers and car drivers to for the return trip
from SYC to WYC after racing.  Plan on bringing your boat or truck (with
room for passengers) to WYC that afternoon/evening.  We want to get the
majority of boats moved by Sunday afternoon - so lets all get behind this
and get it done by Sunday the 10th !

We have had a tremendous amount of cooperation from WYC members agreeing to
move their boats during the J22 NA's. Please, be sure to thank those moored
around you for helping us out.  Also - thanks to Mike Maloney and Shorewood
Yacht Club for their generous support of WYC and the J22 NA's.  Thanks Mike.

Questions/plans - give me a shout.

2006 J-22 North Americans Mooring Plan

Dock	 Name	 Boat Type	 Willing to move?	 Relocate
Slip/Area	 Relocation Plan
B	 Ronning	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 103	 BO
will move
B	 Weum	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 104	 BO will
move
B	 Willenbring	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 105	 BO
will move
B	 Prall	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 106	 BO will
move
B	 Jobin	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 107	 BO will
move
B	 Houle	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 108	 BO will
move
B	 AuBuchon	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 109	 BO
will move
B	 Schroeder	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 110	 BO
will move
B	 Meccia	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 111	 BO will
move
B	 Roubal	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 112	 BO will
move
C	 Lundberg	 Sonar	 Yes    	 WYC	 J-22 lift	 BO
will move
C	 Loomis	 Mirage 24 	 Yes    	 SYC	 101	 BO will
move
C	 Brantingham	 Sonar	 Yes    	 WYC	 J-22 lift	 BO
will move
C	 Christofersen	 Ranger 23	 Yes    	 SYC	 113	 BO
will move
C	 Hetland	 Oday 23	 Yes    	 SYC	 114	 BO
will move
C	 Rolek	 Mirage 24 	 Yes    	 SYC	 116	 BO will
move
C	 Brody	 Sonar	 Yes - sailing	 WYC	 J-22 lift	 BO will
move
C	 Bye	 Paceship 23	 Yes    	 SYC	 201	 BO will
move
C	 Rainaldi	 Sonar	 Yes    	 WYC	 J-22 lift	 BO
will move
C	 Weck	 Sonar	 Yes    	 WYC	 J-22 lift	 BO will
move
C	 Schwichtenberg	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 113	 BO
will move
C	 Slater	 Mirage 24 	 Yes    	 SYC	 202	 BO will
move
C	 Truax	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 114	 BO will
move
C	 Barman	 C&C 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 326	 BO will move
C	 Kroll	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 325	 BO will
move
C	 Cragg	 San Juan 24	 Yes    	 SYC	 End of 100 Dock
BO will move
C	 Cossette	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 314	 BO
will move
C	 Snyder	 S2 7.9	 Yes    	  	 End of 300 Dock 	 BO
will move
C	 Winderl	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 305	 BO
will move
C	 Boersma	 Capri 25	 Yes - sailing 692	 SYC	 306
Corny will handle
C	 Chruches	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 308	 BO
will move
C	 Tam	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 309	 BO will
move
C	 Pilko	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 313	 BO will
move
C	 Wecker	 San Juan 24	 Yes    	 SYC	 Endo of 100 Dock
BO will move
C	 Bull	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 317	 BO will
move
C	 Brennom	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 318	 BO
will move
C	 Korinke	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 320	 BO
will move
C	 DeCarli	 Capri 25	 Yes    	 SYC	 322	 BO
will move
C	 Mattson	 Hunter 23	 Yes    	 SYC	 End of 300
Dock 	 BO will move
C	 Everson	 Catalina 27	 Yes    	 SYC	 End of 200
Dock	 BO will move

George Hansen

J22 Fleet # 1 Captain/WYC BOD

George at pcspeed.com