[J22-Fleet 1] J-22 Grill n' Chill at MYC Next Wednesday

Thorn Turner jtturner12 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 18:05:46 CDT 2006

Fleet 1,

  Next Wednesday, August 2, ALL J-22's are invited to sail the Wednesday night race with MYC and then have dinner on the island, hosted by the MYC J-22 Fleet.  As a co-host of the upcoming North Americans this is a great opportunity to get out, see the club (where we will be having the final dinner during the regatta), sample Connie Blanchard's cooking (she's catering two events for us), and get together as a fleet.  This will also help us to build support and volunteer assistance from the MYC membership for spectators, race committee, housing, and even media race sponsorship.

  I did this a couple weeks ago with Mark Christensen and it was a GREAT time.  The race starts at 6:15, is short, and starts and finishes right off the island.  The evening view there is spectacular.

  For $10 each you get:

  An Evening in Italy -
  Appetizer of Cappresia Bruschetta with Tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella, and Basil
  Salad of Greens, Artichokes, Salami, and Creamy Garlic Dressing
  Grilled Chicken Breasts with Pesto
  Farfalle Pasta with Zucchini, White Beans, and Mushrooms
  Roasted Garlic Bread
  Tiramisu
  Lemonade, Tea, Beer, and Wine

  It will really help our cause to have a good turnout.  I know one issue is getting back to Wayzata Bay in a potentially dying breeze.  If a couple people could offer powerboat or towing assistance that would be a big help.  Please reply to all if you can help out here.

  Hope you can make it!  For questions about the event or to help out, please contact Mark Christensen at MSSandJ at aol.com.

  Thanks -

  Thorn

  P.S.  NA's update coming!  49 boats and counting!