[J22-Fleet 1] Starting Practice

John Dyer dyer.john at slpschools.org
Wed Jun 7 16:05:29 CDT 2006

Hi Folks,

I am looking to see if any of you would be interested in practicing starts.

If there is enough interest, I would set up a starting line practice area
just off WYC in Wayzata bay, around 11 AM on one of the upcoming Sunday
mornings.

I'll be in a power boat and run some simple starting drills such as: rolling
3 minute starts, rolling starts with lines skewed to port and starboard,
start & stops, etc.

If there is further interest, we'll get some experts down and do an on-shore
clinic perhaps starting at 10 AM and then go out and do more advanced drills
such as park and accelerate, mid-line judgment, full-tilt starts, luffing
starts, hot box, and the like.

Let me know.

John Dyer