[J22-Fleet 1] J22 North American Registration Appeal

Paidosh, Steve Paidosh at myocor.com
Thu May 11 08:48:21 CDT 2006

Hi J22ers,

Some of you are aware and others may not that Jon Noller and I have been
out campaigning for sponsorship funds to support our sailing habit, more
specifically the 2006 J22 North American Championships. Often we refer
potential sponsors to our web site at www.j22northamericans.com
<http://www.j22northamericans.com/>  . When a sponsor is considering
funding our regatta they quickly assess the exposure they are going to
receive. I'm appealing to all J22s to sign up for the regatta even if
you are tentative at this point. It won't cost you anything but a little
bit of your time to register. It will help Jon and I greatly if our
current and potential sponsors could see all 25 or 30 Fleet One boats
signed up!  7 of the 17 boats currently signed up are from out state!
Add our 30 and we would be at 37 boats which will act as a catalyst to
pull in other out state boats wondering if there will be enough boats
registered to make it a worth while trip! I believe people allocate
their vacation time in April and May for their summer activities and we
would like them to allocate some time for the 2006 J22 North Americans
this September!

Now to appeal to those of you like me that usually finish in the back
half of the fleet. My crew and I have traveled to J22 Worlds in Corpus
Christi and to the 2005 North Americans in Oklahoma City. Both times we
finished nearly dead last but we learned a ton and had a blast from the
experience. 60 boats going over the line is a trip!  So my message is
please don't let the enormity of the 2006 North Americans, being held in
our own backyard, sway you from participating!

You all can help Jon and me greatly on our funding drive by registering
today!

Thanks a ton and please help us out!

Stephen R. Paidosh

(Office)   763-494-5433