[J22-Fleet 1] Fleet # 1 News

George george at pcspeed.com
Fri Jul 13 22:33:45 UTC 2007

A series Champion

In what turned out to be a very close 3 race series, Mike Miller and Crew on
En Fuego have won the A series.  Congratulation to Mike on a well sailed
series and a deserved victory.  Good Job

Fleet # 1 Combined Champion

Congratulations to Mike Bowers/Dave Brasch and team aboard 963 for a
convincing victory in our Fleet # 1 combined championship series.  Team 963
has risen to be one of the top teams in our fleet and their results are
evidence of their excellent racing.  It seems as though the laser may be the
cross training tool for many of the top sailors in our fleet.  It is good to
see some new faces at the top of the heap and this teams deserves
congratulations from us all.  Very well done guys.

Women at the Helm

As you know, the MN women's sailing team is off to another very big year.
With the noble cause of empowering women to become sailors, racers, and
skippers as the driving force behind their group, they have brought a new
level of exposure to their group, our fleet, and WYC as a club.  These women
our now ready to expand their racing and are looking for opportunities to
race with other J22s in their quest.

They need our help to give these women a chance in the driver's seat.  They
are asking for you, your coaching skills, and your boat for a Saturday of
racing: July 28, August 4, 11, 18, or September 1.  If you are available and
willing to participate, the ladies will be thrilled!  Please contact our
training coordinator, Jenny Child, at childjennifer at hotmail.com.

Social

A series Party, MYC Grill and Chill

I want to thank all those of you have helped promote the recent J22 social
events.  In particular I want to thank those that helped with the A series
party   I also want to throw out a special thanks to Mark Christiansen at
MYC for  promoting the J22 Grill and Chill.  Social events take a lot of
time and work.  They make a big difference for our fleet and our clubs and I
want to thank everyone for getting in the mix.  Thank you !

Thursday Nights

Can you believe that we have (28) J22s  out on Thursday nights ?  Amazing.
If you want some competitive racing with a great social scene  - get out on
a Thursday night and see what you have been missing.  Keep up the good work
everyone.

Dave Cool Recap

Have you checked out the latest issue from J22 USA class association ?
Included is the Dave Cool Icebreaker recap.    While we may seem to be a
world away from many other J22 fleets - our numbers and regattas keep us at
the top of the J22 national class association.  If you have something you
want submitted to the J22 class - let me know and I will be glad to forward
it on.

Friendly WYC Reminders:

No parking on neighborhood streets

Please pick up your trash after racing - especially those J22's in front of
the west lot

Encourage your regular crew to become WYC members - it's never too late to
sign up !  Click <http://www.iniki.com/m-4-wyc.aspx>  here

See you on the water -

George

burgees