[J22-Fleet 1] ADA Regatta and Fleet Splits

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Thu May 31 16:11:51 UTC 2007

The ADA Regatta is NEXT weekend. This is a great regatta to do with new crew or people you'd like to introduce to the sport. It's a great social regatta and a great weekend on the water.

In the last six years. this regatta has raised nearly $250,000 in donations, nearly half of which have come from participant donations. So...download a sponsorship form, shake down your co-workers and relatives who will all think you're great for supporting the ADA, and plan on having a great regatta.

Event Highlights...
  a.. Races start at 1:00pm both days
  b.. Prizes for Top Fund Raisers, plus free registration for boats with $500 in donations, and participation photos for everyone
  c.. Saturday Night: Music by Sweet Africakan Kontry Muzici, Pig Roast Dinner, Huge Silent Auction
  d.. Sunday Night: Music by David K Band, Huge Silent Auction, Trophy Presentation with Stealth Fighter flyover
  e.. http://www.wyc.org/ADA-register.pdf - NOR and Registration Info
  f.. http://www.wyc.org/ADA-pledge.pdf - Pledge Form
Here's the story on fleet splits....
  a.. We are doing this to make the racing more fun and improve event participation for fleets with traditionally poor participation. Let us know what you want, we'll make it happen.
  b.. If a fleet has less than six boats when registration closes, we will consider combining those boats into other fleets or creating a new fleet. We believe the fleets most likely to be effected are the J22, J24, S2, Ensign and MORC.
  c.. When registration closes at 11:30 we will have a skippers meeting where fleet splits will be decided.
  d.. We will listen to and consider the wishes of boat owners during registration and at the skippers meeting. Would you like to race in PHRF I, a new Level or PHRF fleet of orphan one designs, J-Boat Grudge Match fleet? Let us know!
  e.. If we can't come to a solution people like, we'll just race in our traditional fleets.
Get some Pledges, Get some crew, and Get some Racin'