[J22-Fleet 1] Say hello to the newest rock start sailor to join the fleet

Michael Bowers msbowers_55431 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 18:05:34 UTC 2007

First, let me say that she's got the gross motor skills to pump the
main sheet and grasp a tiller extension.  Its the fine motor skills of
steering that we're going to have to work on.

Charlotte Maya Bowers, piture attached--if the list serv strips the
attachment you can also go to www.firstdayphoto.com, then find pictures
for Charlotte B, enter the password: Jennifer

She was born at 6:29am, 10/8/2007 weighing 7lbs 12oz and 20 1/2 inches.

I knew Jennifer was tough when Dave nearly broke her nose while running
her over with the J22 and she still insisted on finishing the race with
blood streaming down her face.  But being there for the birth and
helping her get through it was staggering.

Mom and baby are in perfect health and we are all trying to figure
things out since getting back from the hospital on Wednesday.  If
anyone wants to swing by to say hi or see the baby, give a call
(952-942-7836) or just stop over--by the way we moved to Edina, so
don't show up at my old house in Bloomington.  If we're napping, we'll
just let the answer machine pick up and put a sign on the door, please
understand if we don't respond right away.

Also, did anyone talk to Dan at North American's and get the 10th place
trophies from him?

Mike