[J22-Fleet 1] Match Racing

Lars Hansen Lars at thestudio-mpls.com
Wed Jun 11 19:21:10 UTC 2008

We had a good small turnout for our informational meeting. Rumor is that
some of you match racers felt it beneath you and chose not to attend,
thats fine, hope someone will loan you their notes. :-)
We went over the basics and talked about how we will play without judges
and officials.

This coming Monday we will try to have some match racing starting at
6:30 on the water in front of the club. I encouraged the group to get
their teams together and to try and practice as a team. For this Monday
we will race with mains and jibs only. Then we will schedule a series of
alternating Monday nights for "Match Racing Mondays". Then later in the
summer we will have a "championship" series. This may also become our
Richardson Trophy club qualifier.

We need to know who is showing up on Monday and who is bringing a boat
and who has their team and who needs crew? Also which boats are
available for the teams that don't have boats? Do we have a set of
marks? Does anybody want to come out and watch? We could put you to work
if you are interested.
I'll be out of town this weekend but back in time for Monday.
Lars