[J22-Fleet 1] J22

Lars Hansen Lars at thestudio-mpls.com
Wed Nov 5 19:24:20 UTC 2008

Hello all.

This was a great year for J22 fleet #1

1) We need a bunch of tid-bits to make up a news letter. Please send me
a bit about a  J22 regatta, an event or just a great moment from the
summer. The key is to name names and tell a tiny little story. No more
than 3 sentences, do not spend more than 5 min on this. Go!

2) When I looked at Dallas's pictures on line for trophy photos I
counted 37 boats. Way to go! If we are indeed the largest fleet I think
its time to revise the WYC link to fleets. In alpha numeric form J22
should go before J24? forget that Capri goes before J

3) This one is personal. A reddish or Burgundy colored PT Cruiser with
lots of stickers on the back, driven by a woman with short dark hair an
sunglasses was seen to have trouble in the parking lot on the day of the
last Commodore Cup race. She left her mark on my car door and I would
like to talk to her. I hoped she would come forward but that did not
happen. I asked a bunch of people who she might be but no answer. So now
I'm forced to go public. If you know who this person is would you please
let me know?

4)  The J22 class is looking for new officers, if you have any interest
this is a great opportunity to help your class. The class officers meet
by conference call about once a month. Please consider helping your class.

5) Same thing J 22 fleet # 1 is looking for helpers. The fleet captain
cannot, should not, do it alone,We need a secretary, treasurer, social
chair, and a bunch of other stuff. Otherwise the captain gets burned
out, look at Steve Vizanko, Jappa, George Hansen. They work real hard
for us, we need to help out as well.

6) On a sad note, not only did Terry Flynn lose his son last month, I
just heard he also lost his house to hurricane Ike. Terry is a great guy
and has been one of the most constant and reliable people in the J22
class. Aside from buying sails what can we do to support Terry?

I know this is a long list but if you read it twice it may help with
comprehension. Why is it that e mails with more than one thought are so
hard to digest?

Well there you go, write something, do something, don't let others do it
for you. Do something with out being asked, help your fellow sailors.
Rant over
Lars