[J22-Fleet 1] You are invited

MSSandJ at aol.com MSSandJ at aol.com
Mon Aug 10 15:00:16 CDT 2009

Greetings all,

I will start with an apology for not notifying you sooner that the J22
Grill & Chill night at the Minnetonka Yacht Club was moved from Aug 19th
(listed in the MYC 2009 Program)  to this Wednesday,  Aug  12th.   We hope that
the good weather and a great asian menu can  entice a few of you cover over
on Wednesday night, race, and then join us for  the grill.  We have been
taste testing the recipes and so far  everything has been a hit at our house.
The full menu  includes:
Bulgogi Marinated Steak (Korean),
Five Spice Grilled Chicken,
Thai Peanut Noodle Salad,
Oriental Cabbage Salad,
bread,
Mandarin Orange Cake.
The yacht club also provides beer & lemonade.
Two important things to consider if you plan to come.  1)  if you  are
planning to race, the first gun is at 6:00p m due to the fact that the  nights
are getting shorter already.  All Wednesday night races start and  end near
Light House Island so you will either have an upwind  start/downwind finish
or a downwind start (always interesting)/upwind  finish.  2) the grills are
approx $13/person ($12 + tax).  Most  members charge their meals to their
club account so we generally have little or  no cash on hand for making change.
 Please bring correct change if  possible.
For those of you with kids that want to come for the more relaxed race,
fewer boats on the line and easy access to dinner after the race, we also
provide "Little Tykes" meals (a hotdog, chips and a toy) for the kids for just
$3:00.
Hope to see a few of you out there Wednesday night.
All the best,
Mark & Sandy Christensen
J22   #310