[J22-Fleet 1] Kudos to Kevin and Jappa

John Dyer dyer.john at slpschools.org
Wed Jun 3 10:01:46 CDT 2009

Team 963 would like to recognize Team 1311's sportsmanship last Sunday.

963 turned the top mark in front of 1311 and proceeded to sail dead downwind
after rounding the offset.

At their first opportunity Kevin and Jappa hailed us that we were sailing
the wrong course as it was a ZL. As a result, we were able to recover and
still lead at the next mark.

As Paul Elvstrom has often been quoted, "If you haven't won the respect of
your competitors, you have won nothing."

What a pleasure to race against Kevin and Jappa who have won not only many,
many races, but our respect as well.

Best,

Mike Bowers, Sue Slack & John Dyer