[J22-Fleet 1] Kudos to Kevin and Jappa

jpeterson0404 at comcast.net jpeterson0404 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 3 10:40:04 CDT 2009

Hey guys,  nice to see all this love and sportsmanship.  Good to have rivalries,  and great to earn the respect of your competitor. nice job 963!

Also some of you may have been out there on sun and noticed the second windward mark rounding was a bit weird .

It appeared as though the mark had dragged as the "offset" was a upwind. It turns out the "offset"  was actually the finish line. In the Sailing Instructions it shows the left course without an offset, however when you read them they say the race committee may place an offset at any windward mark.  I don't think they normally set one on the left course so let's keep our eye's open.

That being said, I feel the finish line was WAY too close to the pin, and I have spoken to Bert about the incident. Everyone did a good job of sailing and made the right call, better safe than sorry. I don't think it had any role in changing our results so no big deal.

Please let me know if any of you have issues I can address on behalf of the fleet.

JP