[J22-Fleet 1] End of A-series party

Michael Bowers msbowers_55431 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 09:49:27 CDT 2009

J22 Sailors,

According to the club schedule, the J22 fleet is hosting the End of A series party on June 28th.  I didn't get a chance to talk to Johny P on Sunday as he was serving on the protest committee; if he's already got plans this may be moot.

The word at the club is that our fleet has no social graces.  So, I propose a family friendly event...

If the fleet is OK with spending roughly $180, I'll take care of getting one of those big moon walk/bouncy things.

Nicolie mentioned face painting, I wasn't sure if she was volunteering or suggesting we find one?

Anyone else have ideas?  Model sailboat race?  Parent/Child Opti races in front of the club?  Maybe we should put the bar off to the side of the club rather than front in center in the patio?

I'm not good with food planning, so someone else please jump in.

If we have a good idea of activities and menu, I'll also make up some fliers for us to hand out this Thursday and the following to publicize the event.

Thanks,
Mike