[J22-Fleet 1] Hoofer's looking for your old sails

false dirkguy at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 12:49:10 CDT 2010

Hello Wayzata J22 Fleet Sailors,

REPAINTED OUR BOATS

Down here in balmy Madison we have been doing a winter project to update our J22 and J24's.  Both boats were repainted and we had some rotted hull and bulkhead issues to deal with. But they are done and down at the Lakefront ready to be launched. Our fleet now consists of two J-22's, two J-24's and one J-29, along with a Capri and many other assorted keelboats.

My goal is to get the J-22's back out racing in our Mendota YC and get some Match Racing going. I had the pleasure of coming up last October to sail in the snow and enjoyed seeing all your rigging tricks. Since the boats look so good I think there will be increased demand. This year will be using the J's for ASA Certification in small keelboats.

LOOKING FOR DONATIONS
Over the years we have gotten tons of donated sails from the great and generous sailors from Wayzata and Minnetonka.  But we can always use more, especially spinnakers.

If you have some sails in your garage that are a little moldy, we will take them. We need them.
Just fill out the forms at this link and our crack team of club officers will arrange a trip up to get your sails and take them off your hands.  http://www.hoofers.org/donations or you can email us at development at hoofersailing.org

USED SPINNAKERS
If you have an moderate/low quality spinnaker and you might be interested in partial donation. We may be able to scrap together some funds to purchase them. Contact our J-Fleet Captain at j-fleet at hoofersailing.org

COLLEGE NATIONALS
You may have heard Hoofers is hosting ICSA College Nationals, if your around the area, stop by and take a look at the racing. The dates are May 25-June 3, we have 18 new 420's ready to rig and it should be a big event. http://collegesailing.org/nas/spring10/champs/index.html

COLLEGE ALUMNI REGATTA
Your all invited to participate in the Alumni Regatta on Sunday May 30th. Gary Jobson, Peter Harken, Sally Barkow and many others will be sailing and milling around. It is a one day event of fun racing in Techs. If you ever sailed at any university then you can participate, we are not picky. The Team Racing will be going on at the same time and we should have spectator boats and a barbecue so come on down, we have 30 boats will run two divisions, so 60+ slots. Here is the link http://collegesailing.org/nas/spring10/champs/alumni_NOR.html

Thanks again for your support in donated sails in the past, we hope to keep the J thing going in Madison.
Dierk Polzin
racing at hoofersailing.org

http://www.union.wisc.edu/webcam/
http://www.hoofersailing.org