[J22-Fleet 1] Fleet Update, COC, and Districts

Thorn Turner jtturner12 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 17:39:27 CDT 2010

Fleet 1,

A few quick updates.  I just sent a note out to all the boat owners I could find
in the MYC and WYC log books.  Let me know if you're an owner and didn't receive
it.  I'd like to use that going forward for some financial and other matters.

Once again the season is flying by.  Congratulations to Mike Bowers on winning
the Fleet One Champ and the B Series, Mark Christsensen on winning the MYC Champ
series, Terry Foster on winning the T series, and Gary Christensen on winning
the Sunset series.

This Wednesday evening is the annual Championship of Champions hosted by
MYC.  Come out and heckle / cheer on Mike Bowers and Uta Moncur as they relive
their collegiate glory days in 420's.  Racing starts at 6:15, great beeze is
forecast and dinner is served afterwards on the island.

Districts are less than three weeks away (Sept. 11-12) and I'd like to get a
count of who will be attending.  For everyone who's ever said "why do we have to
share the course with all of these other fleets" this is your chance!  I count
36 registered boats between the two clubs, let get as many out as we can.

Please let me know yes, no or maybe, it will help a lot in budgeting and
planning.  Jill will be making dinner again and we'll do our best to provide a
lunch on Sunday.  As of now we don't have a rum bar budgeted but I'm open to
suggestions on how to make it happen.  The NOR is attached and is also available
on the web site.  Volunteers are always appreciated.  Please let me know if any
questions.

See you on the water (at some point...)

Thorn