[J22-Fleet 1] Fw: [Fleets] Zebra Mussels

Thorn Turner jtturner12 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 11:58:17 CDT 2010

Fleet 1,

Please see note from Dallas below on zebra mussels and your responsibilities
when hauling out.  Read it, learn it, live it.  It will impact the entire club
if there are any incidents.  And yes, we all know that the boats aren't going
anywhere else anytime soon but let's get in the habit of doing this, the zebras
are here to stay.

Thorn

Board and FC's,

We're at the beginning of haul out season and I wanted to recap the message
regarding Zebras we need to convey to our members.

When hauling or launching your boat ensure the following

	1. Clean Hull

	2. Dry Bilge
Our crane should make it very easy to inspect for these items. Some boats have
places were Zebras could maybe hide, it is your responsibility to consider this
and inspect.

WYC will have a power-washer available this spring should you find a huge
infestation of zebras (you won't). Anything our sailboats might have should be
able to be brushed off.

Permits are available should you have to transport your boat from WYC with bilge
water in the hull or creatures on the hull. Personally, I strongly discourage
this as it's too easy to simply do the job properly before you leave.

dj