[J22-Fleet 1] College Match Racing - Wisco and Minn qualify

false dirkguy at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 10:29:51 CDT 2010

Hey Wayzata J22 Sailors,

Thanks again for your donations this spring to the Hoofer Sailing Club to help
build up our fleet.. We were able to get 8 Saturdays of Match Racing in this
July,
August, September and this fall our college sailors practiced on Tuesday and
Friday to prepare for

the Midwest College Match Racing qualifier for Nationals at King's Point in a
few weeks..

This past weekend, at the Chicago Match Race Center, Wisconsin and Minnesota met

in the finals and both qualified, with Michigan, Purdue and Ohio State also
competing.
The finals are in a new fleet of sonars and with the ice closing in and limited
access to boats to
practice in it will be a tough slog for the Midwest teams, but it is a great
start.

http://chicagomatchracecenter.com/regatta/info.asp?id=10078

So thank you again for your support.. I think we are starting to hit our target
to get this improved..
If you have good used sails you need to get rid of send them our way..

Dierk - madison

--- quote from my spring email ---

My goal is to get the J-22's back out racing in our Mendota YC and get some
Match Racing going. I had the pleasure of coming up last October to sail in the
snow and enjoyed seeing all your rigging tricks. Since the boats look so good I
think there will be increased demand. This year will be using the J's for ASA
Certification in small keelboats.

LOOKING FOR DONATIONS
Over the years we have gotten tons of donated sails from the great and generous
sailors from Wayzata and Minnetonka.  But we can always use more, especially
spinnakers.

If you have some sails in your garage that are a little moldy, we will take
them. We need them.
Just fill out the forms at this link and our crack team of club officers will
arrange a trip up to get your sails and take them off your hands.
 http://www.hoofers.org/donations or you can email us at
development at hoofersailing.org

USED SPINNAKERS
If you have an moderate/low quality spinnaker and you might be interested in
partial donation. We may be able to scrap together some funds to purchase them.
Contact our J-Fleet Captain at j-fleet at hoofersailing.org

--- end quote from my spring email ---

http://www.union.wisc.edu/webcam/
http://www.hoofersailing.org