[J22-Fleet 1] Free J22 Training session w/ Mike Bowers, July 24th

Michael Bowers msbowers_55431 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 09:31:19 CDT 2011

Hello Fleet One,

I just got back from Boston and sailing a Snipe regatta on the same little lake that I learned how to sail on.  It was a very humbling experience.  As a result of my trip however, I've got a lot of catching up with chores around the house.  I will not be able to run a seminar on the 17th.

Let's plan to have boats ready to sail at 9am on Sunday, July 24th.  We can do some dry land exercises (boat tune discussion, review various boat setups on the dock, etc) for about 45 minutes and then hit the water for hour or so.  I plan to have my video camera, so we can use whatever time is left before lunch time to review the footage.

I have atleast one experienced foredecker and one trimmer that have indicated that they plan to attend to help me out.  So we'll have a good cross section of experience at each position on the boat to help answer questions and give pointers.

See you all at 9am on July 24th.

Mike