[J22-Fleet 1] J22 training seminar, anyone?

Michael Bowers msbowers_55431 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 11:15:22 CDT 2011

Talk of new boats and new people joining the fleet has got me thinking about running a training seminar.

I'm thinking along the lines of J22 specific items like sail trim, boat handling, crew mechanics, boat setup, etc.  Something like 45 minutes on shore, followed by an hour on the water with another 15-30 minutes on shore to debrief w/ video.  The club already runs enough seminars on tactics and rules, so I don't want to cover that.  I was thinking about something like the seminar Greg Fisher put on a few years ago, just don't expect me to have the same amazing insight that Greg had.

Sunday mornings before the regular races would work best for me.  Perhaps July 17th or 24th, or both if there is enough interest?

Who's interested?

Mike