[J22-Fleet 1] Districts

Thorn Turner jtturner12 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 18 20:39:44 CDT 2011

Fleet 1,

It's hard to believe the season has gone by so quickly.   Congratulations to Gary Christensen and Chad Olness on winning the Sunset champ, Rich Baker on winning the T series, Dave Brasch and Mike Bowers on the Sunday champ, Mark Edelmann on the C series win, and John Dyer on running the table in the Fall regatta.  The fact that we have five different winners for these five events shows the depth of the fleet.  Apologies to any guest skippers involved.

The Evergreene Cup / District Champs is the big finale and is coming up on October 1-2.  The NOR is posted on the web site, the listserv doesn't like it when I attach things.  It will be sent separately to the boat owners.  The agenda will be pretty much the same; we will attempt four races starting at 10:30 on Saturday and two on Sunday morning, both subject to conditions and PRO discretion.  Angela Johnson has been her usual great self in lining up sponsors and we will have a case of Mount Gay for the world-famous rum bar, as well as a great dinner on Saturday prepared by Jill.  Details on all of this to follow.

What are we asking from you?  Come out and play!  We will have the lake to ourselves, very few powerboats, great fall colors, and even better racing.  This is what we've asked for all year long.  This will also serve as a send-off and tune up session for boats going to the Worlds in New Orleans.  The more we school them here the better prepared they'll be.

I'm assuming anyone who paid the full-year dues will be participating; if you didn't please let me know your plans so we can plan accordingly.  Look forward to seeing everyone out there.  Any questions or concerns feel free to give me a call.

Thorn
612-743-4929