[J22-Fleet 1] (semi) formal race recap session for Sunday races

Michael Bowers msbowers_55431 at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 15:18:27 CDT 2012

Fleet 1,

I am willing to facilitate (time and baby sitter allowance permitting) a post race recap for Sunday's races.

I know a lot of us gather informally and discuss what our plans were prior to the start, what we saw on the course, strange situations on the race course, etc.  In the interest of inclusion and maybe getting some more Sunday participation, I think it would be interesting to pull together the fleet after the race and hear from those that did well and those that didn't to see what their view of the course was.  I think it would be a great learning opportunity for everyone that wants to participate.

Weather permitting, lets grab a few tables on the back patio (behind the fireplace) following the races on June 3rd and see if we can drum up a 20-30 minutes discussion on the day's race.  I think any topic is fair game...rig settings, chute trimming for the conditions, wind phases, shore effects, you name it.  I know I always learn something new hearing about both good and bad things that went on in other boats.  If the forum works, I'd be happy to continue organizing it for the season.

Mike