[J22-Fleet 1] J-22 Fall Season

Thorn Turner jtturner12 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 20:38:49 CDT 2012

Fleet 1,

It's hard to believe the season's heading into the final stretch.  Congratulations to Mike Bowers, Dave Brasch and team on winning the Sunday and Fleet 1 Championships (again) and Mike Miller for his inagural win in the Thursday Sunset series.  It was a close-fought battle with John Dyer that once again came down to the last race.

First up WYC is sponsoring a Groupon learn to sail event this Saturday that needs our support.  Thanks to the MN Women's Team for fielding a crew.  Kathryn Erickson has offered her San Juan 24 if she can get an experienced crew... any takers?

Looking ahead we have Teams Oranje and Virago putting their weed sticks away and heading to the NA's in Tawas, MI.  The Fall Regatta is September 22-23, and the Evergreene Cup / District Championships will be Sept. 29-30.  Let's get as many boats on the line as we can for both events.  Get new people out, lend your boat out, come out and play!  Especially for the Districts we have the whole lake to ourselves let's take advantage of it.  You can register at the following link:  http://wyc.org/j22/ShoppingCart.aspx.  We will have beverages on Friday and Saturday, dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday.

We're proud to welcome Excelsior Brewing Company as a sponsor of the Districts this year.  WYC member and 22 sailor John Klick is making a generous cash donation as well as beer for the event so PLEASE support this great new brewery in Excelsior.  Details are available at http://excelsiorbrew.com/, you can also like them on Facebook.  Thanks John and EBC!

As usual, we can use volunteers in a variety of areas including race management, food prep, clean up, etc.  Please let me know if you're available.

Thanks, and see you on the water.

Thorn