[J22-Fleet 1] Rumble participation points

Merry Beth Hovey mbhovey at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 11 13:08:31 CDT 2013

Commodore,
I am concerned that proper notice was not given to members regarding the fact that the multi-race rumbles were reduced from 8-9 race points to 1 race point. We have had a substantial amount of travel this summer and purposefully picked participation in those events to help reach our 15 race requirement. The published policy for defining the 15-race requirement indicates that every race on the schedule counts. See below.

All WYC sponsored keelboat races on Lake Minnetonka shown on the
schedule for this season may be counted toward the 15 race requirement.
This includes all regular keelboat races for all classes plus, but not
limited to, the following:
1. WYC Regattas such as the Cool Cup, U-Gotta Regatta, J-22 Districts,
2. J-22 Fleet #1 Championship with both WYC and MYC Races committees,
3. Other WYC sponsored races shown from time to time on the WYC Schedule for keelboats on Lake Minnetonka.

In addition, Virago 881 was not properly scored in race 5 of the June Rumble; proper notice was given to the Fleet Captain, who assured us he would submit that finish to the race committee. I will forward that email separately, and am requesting you have that score adjusted accordingly.

Thank you for your work at the club, and maintaining the integrity of board actions.

Regards

Merry Beth Hovey
(612) 805-0080
mbhovey at yahoo.com