[J22-Fleet 1] Cool Cup CANCELED, Dinner ON

Terry Foster terry at thefosters.org
Fri May 10 11:18:37 CDT 2013

We will be there!!!

I’ll also bring a bottle of rum.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

It’s finally sailing season….  Yippee

DaBear

From: j22-bounces at lists.wyc.org [mailto:j22-bounces at lists.wyc.org] On Behalf Of Thorn Turner
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 9:51 AM
To: j22 at lists.wyc.org
Subject: [J22-Fleet 1] Cool Cup CANCELED, Dinner ON

Fleet 1,

For the one or two of you that haven’t already told me you’re not sailing, consider this the official announcement that the Cool Cup is CANCELED for tomorrow.  By 10:00 am, winds are forecast to be a steady 24 with gusts to 32, and build from there.  The water temp is in the low 40’s and the air temp will low 40s in the morning with a high of 50.  Along with the obvious safety aspect it’s not worth shredding sails or breaking equipment this early in the season.

Work on the lawn, spend time with your kids and make a deposit in the points bank before the season kicks off.

I’ve received several comments about continuing with tomorrow’s dinner which is a great idea (since we’ve already bought the food).  Let’s have a brief Fleet meeting starting about 5:00 followed by dinner and social.  We have a keg from Excelsior Brewing (thanks John!), lasagna, chicken pasta and caesar salad from Jill, and several 2012 vintage Mount Gay bottles along with mixers.  (The rum bar can always use some restocking if you’re so inclined).

We can discuss options for resailing (or not) when we meet.

Thanks –

Thorn