[J22-Fleet 1] Sept 15 (C Series / Champ)?

Angela Johnson angldjhnsn at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 09:02:05 CDT 2013

+1
Regards,
Angela

________________________________
 From: "Foster, Will" <will.foster at medtronic.com>
To: Michael Bowers <msbowers at alum.mit.edu>
Cc: John Dyer <dogbreath47 at gmail.com>; Angela Johnson <angldjhnsn at yahoo.com>; WYC List Server <j22 at lists.wyc.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:02 AM
Subject: Re: [J22-Fleet 1] Sept 15 (C Series / Champ)?

Mike

Well said and I agree with you.

Thanks,
Will Foster
IT Director
Global Planning Applications
(612) 804-9019 mobile
(763) 526-9204

NOTE: Sent from mobile device.

On Sep 3, 2013, at 4:39 PM, "Michael Bowers" <msbowers_55431 at yahoo.com<mailto:msbowers_55431 at yahoo.com>> wrote:

We've had this debate atleast 2 times before that I know of.  In previous years, when the Champ Series has conflicted with the J22 District regatta, we have cancelled the Sunday Afternoon champ race.  If there are J22's in need of participation points that only want to sail the Sunday Race, then they can go race for Attendance credit, but the score will not figure into the C Series nor the Season Championship.  As an aside, if they are in need of ATT credits, better to sail the 5 or 6 race weekend than the 1 race Sunday.  And no...I will not go to bat for someone that might take my previous statement and try to get credit for the Districts AND the Sunday Champ race!  It is one or the other.

The intent all season long was to not have the Districts interfere with the J22 worlds.  I appologize for not correcting this sooner.

As to John's comment, 486 and 1311 were not going to make the original date at the end of September either as they are traveling to Newport.

I think it is a bad presidence to schedule a local regatta on top of a national championship, and for that reason only, I am sticking with the 14th and 15th as our District Champ regatta.

Michael Bowers
J22 Fleet Captain