[J22-Fleet 1] J22 Rumble Activities - Saturday July 12 & Sunday July 13 - START TIME MOVED UP TO 10 AM

Michael Bowers msbowers55439 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 17:02:49 CDT 2014

*CALLING all J22s!* We’ve received a great response for the Rumble:
Accomplished J22 sailors schedule to join as guest skippers including: Terry
Flynn (Quantum Sails), Lars Hansen, Mike Bowers, Mike Miller, Terry
Foster, Thorn
Turner, Jon Dyer, Mike Schmid and Kurt Holtze.
J22 boats planning to attend: 22, 431, 444, 486, 506, 670, 692, 963, 989
and 1048. Please let me know if I accidentally missed any boat planning to
attend.
The schedule for this weekend is as follows:
*Saturday, July 12*
*4:00 – 5:30 pm J22 Boat Review – Mast & Boat Setup*
Come to WYC and we’ll have Terry Flynn and others look at your J22 and
review how to correctly setup your mast (e.g., forestay length,
centering/straighten mast, base shroud settings, backstay tension, etc.)
and provide suggestions for boat setup (e.g., jib halyard settings,
main/jib sheet reference marks, etc.). These are critical to making a J22
going fast!
*5:30 – 7:30 J22 Chalk Talk*
Terry Flynn and others will discuss how to make a J22 go fast in the right
direction and answer your questions. Where should wrinkles be in my sails? How
do I shift gears as wind increases? Which is better for depowering –
backstay, vang sheeting, traveller or 'all of the above'? How do I set my
shrouds during the day for each race? What should my priorities be when my
J22 is slow?
*Sunday, July 13*
*10:00 am** – 3:00 pm Rumble Racing & Training*
Plan is to switch crews and move guest skippers from boat to boat during
the day. We’re moving the start up to *10:00 am* so crews can try different
J22s and each boat can have multiple guest skippers during the day.
*3:00 pm – 4:00 Rumble Recap*
Ask more questions and (hopefully) review video.
*A few notes:*
· We are planning to use Wayzata Yacht Club. However there is a
Nightcrawler on Saturday night so we may move to the tent on WCSC, if
necessary. *If we use WCSC, no alcohol or tobacco are permitted on WCSC
property.*
· Videographer cancelled on me and so I am trying to find another. If
anyone has a recommendation, please let me know.
· If there is a lack of wind or bad weather, we’ll retreat to WYC Clubhouse
for continuing Q&A and video review.
· We are still figuring out food and beverage. More to come …
· All J22 boats - MYC, Duluth, LMSS, WCSC J22s - are welcome. There is no
fee for either the chalk talk or Rumble racing. We are only hoping for as
many J22s as possible.

That’s where we’re at right now. Feel free to call me for questions or
suggestions. Also - Please forward this to J22 ListServer as somehow my
email has been rejected by it. :(

THANKS!
Sincerely,
Kevin