[J22-Fleet 1] Fwd: J22 Rumble - Need your feedback and THANK YOU VERITAS MARKETING!

miller.m at mchsi.com miller.m at mchsi.com
Thu Jul 10 07:17:32 CDT 2014

J22 boats from WYC & MYC,
I am forwarding Kevin's email of last evening to make sure it gets to you through the List serv of WYC.

We now have 12 boats registered for the Rumble event on Sunday. There is room for more. If you are short crew, come anyway as there will be a few extras available.
We have designed an awesome opportunity to learn from experienced J22 sailors. Names like Terry Flynn, Lars Hansen, Mike Bowers, Terry Foster, Thorn Turner, John Dyer, Kurt Holtze, Mike Schmid and Mike Miller have volunteered their time to race on your boat. We have set up a rotation schedule to move our instructors from boat-boat. The guest skippers can either trim for you or drive. You may keep your entire crew on board for the race, switch them to another boat like 486 or ride in a Whaler to observe from the water. We also have a few accomplished crew volunteering to rotate on the water.

We will have a 9:30 AM Sunday Required Skippers Meeting to pass out the rotation schedule and explain the program in detail.

Please REPLY to Kevin the questions below by Friday noon! One reply per boat. NOAA now says 9-12 MPH for Sunday and 70-80F.
On behalf of the organizing committee of John Dyer, Mike Bowers, Kevin Kenny
Mike Miller

J22-ers - Need your help and feedback:
1. Do you want your boat reviewed for measurement & boat setup this Saturday July 12 @ 4-5:30 pm? If so, please email me your boat #. Even if you don't want your boat measured, please tell me how many people from your boat will join to see how Terry Flynn (Quantum professional sailmaker & multiple J22 NA & World champion) sets up a J22 to go fast!
2. How many people from your boat will be joining for Terry Flynn's J22 chalk talk this Saturday, July 12 @ 5:30-7:30 pm?
Please email me number of boats & people asap (but no later than noon on Friday) so we can firm up Saturdays plans and snacks and beverages.

As for Sunday: Racing with guest skippers begins @ 10 am. Please bring your own lunch and beverages for on-the-water consumption. We are trying to provide as many opportunities as possible to have multiple guest skippers available to sail with you. And, t hank you, Holly Jo Anderson, for your marketing company, Veritas Marketing, graciously sponsoring post-Rumble pizza!

Sundays forecast currently calls for wind @ 5-10 mph and 75-80 degrees! Purrr-fect!

Sincerely,

Kevin

Kevin Kenny