[J22-Fleet 1] March 15, 6pm @ WYC J22 Winter Meeting,

Michael Bowers msbowers_55431 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 08:29:07 CST 2014

Hello Fleet 1,

It is difficult for me to believe that the ice will ever thaw after this winter, but just incase it does we should make a plan for the upcoming summer months.

A few proposals that I'd like to get input from the fleet are:

Rumble format:
    start times
    crew race (1 or 2 per event or make one Rumble a full event of crew drives)
Throwouts:
    For long series, does 1 drop per 3 races (standard WYC scoring) make sense?  For example the Thursday night series and Season Champ series often come down to a tie breaker based on number of bullets.
    For abbandoned races, should ATT credit count more than DNS?
Combined Fleet 1 races with MYC
    How can we restructure to boost attendance?
Other issues?   Send me a note and I'll put it on the agenda.

Since the last 3 seasons we've planned to try the Ice Breaker in April and had to push it back anyway, creating all sorts of confusion, we are just going to schedule it for the first week in May anyway.

I have some leftover Rum and mixers from the District Championships, so I'll bring those.  If feel like you'd like to have some food to nibble on, bring along something to share.  I plan to bring a batch of buffalo wings.

Mike