[J22-Fleet 1] Cool Cup update

Michael Bowers msbowers_55431 at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 11:05:36 CDT 2014

In order of importance:

John Klick at Excelsior Brewery is donating beer.  It will be on tap from 5-7 tonight.  If you want to stop by and take care of registration you can grab a brew.

Food is ordered...Mexican taco bar from Andele, a great little restaurant recently rated a "Best of Twin Cities" by the Minneapolis St. Paul magazine.

Latest forecast is for the wind to start gusting later in the afternoon.  At the risk of suffering the wrath of Lars, I will put forth that my instructions to our PRO will be that we do not need to be punished on our first day racing.  If it gets uncomfortable in afternoon we can always try to squeeze an extra race in on Sunday.

Trophies are in my car.  Each of the top 3 boats will receive an embroidered Cooler bag, cinch sac and fleece blanket.  There are an additional 2 sweatshirt blankets that will be awarded for special recognition.  One caveat, they are not embroidered yet.  You'll be able to pose with your award, then need to give it back to me so I can get Gee Teez to embroider them.  After last year I thought it would be prudent to wait until ice out  before plunking down money on the trophies.

If are still on the fence, it is not too late.  I'll be at the club later and can help launch.  I know John Dyer and Mike Miller have said the same.  Please contact me if I can help get you on the water.

If you didn't notice, the NOR is now on the J22 Web site.

Mike
952-200-8094