[J22-Fleet 1] June 14th, Bob Slocum Memorial Family Fun Regatta

Michael Bowers msbowers55439 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 16:19:21 CDT 2014

Attached is an email from the event organizers, I plan to attend with my
kids.  We had a great time last year!

Hello WYC fleets,

Please register your boat for the WYC Bob Slocum Memorial Family Fun
Regatta and Picnic* Saturday, June 14*! Last year’s event was a HUGE
success, and we expect even more kids and novice sailors to attend this
year, so that means we need even more boats and volunteers from our great
club!

We’ve used Eventbrite.com to set up an online process to facilitate
matching attendees up with boats. We really need you to register yourselves
and your boats early. Here’s how it works:

· use the link:
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/bob-slocum-memorial-family-sailing-regatta-picnic-tickets-11710300825?aff=es2&rank=4

· or go to www.Eventbrite.com and find the Slocum regatta by choosing
Wayzata as the location.

· Everyone needs a “ticket.” (Tickets are free, although we are suggesting
a donation to the sailing school—please make a donation if you can!)

· A boat/owner counts as one “ticket.”

· Each crew member or kid can sign up separately and say which boat they’d
like to be on. As it gets closer to June 14, we’ll start assigning
unattached kids and adults to boats, based on your advice about how many
you can add to your crew.

· Remember, you receive race points for taking extra kids, having kids
drive, etc.!

· Please encourage others to sign up as well—novice sailors and kids
especially encouraged.

· Let us know about any problems or issues with the signup—it’s a work in
progress.

Bob Slocum was twice WYC Commodore, an avid sailor, mentor of the women’s
team, and wonderful grandfather to his many small grandchildren. Let’s have
an event that would make him proud!

If you’d like additional information or wish to volunteer (yes, please!)
for this event, just contact event chair Heather Fraser at 612-715-0054.

Happy sailing,

Jonathan McDonagh and Heather Fraser

Event Chairs, WYC Bob Slocum Memorial Family Fun Regatta and Picnic