[J22-Fleet 1] Congratulations to John Dyer

Chad Olness chadolness at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 17 14:48:52 CST 2015

Congratulations John!Chad      From: George Hansen via J22 <j22 at lists.wyc.org>
 To: Beth Frampton <beth.frampton at gmail.com>
Cc: WYC List j22 <j22 at lists.wyc.org>
 Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 2:23 PM
 Subject: Re: [J22-Fleet 1] Congratulations to John Dyer

Reading this makes me want to raise a glass in John's honor once again.  Very well deserved my friend - Congratulations !

George Hansen ghansen at digitalriver.com952-649-9193

On Nov 16, 2015, at 2:07 PM, Beth Frampton via J22 <j22 at lists.wyc.org> wrote:

I agree; there is nobody more suited than John to win the Sportsmanship award. We're lucky to have him in the J22 fleet and at WYC. The following is from the trophy presentation.

It is an honor to present the Sportsmanship Award, which is given for either a single act of sportsmanship or for on-going sportsmanship behavior on and off the racecourse.
This year’s winner sails at the top of his fleet as both a driver and while crewing for others. At the same time, he is a great teacher and mentor for other sailors at WYC.  He has an encouraging word for everyone, and notices that one leg or that one maneuver that went well for others. On the water before the race, he coaches others on rig tension and sail trim for current conditions. After the race, he debriefs with competitors, offering tips, encouragement, and praise.
He is instrumental in building his fleet. He invites others to drive his boat, and mentors new boat owners, who have turned to him for guidance with boat purchase, maintenance, and repairs. He shows up whenever event volunteers are needed, and constantly works to improve fleet regattas, trophies, and sponsorships.  He is the epitome of sportsmanship, both on and off the racecourse.
Please join me in congratulating this year’s recipient of the sportsmanship award, John Dyer.
Regards,

Beth Frampton