[J22-Fleet 1] Fwd: New to J22

John Dyer dogbreath47 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 13:12:47 CDT 2016

Hi Folks,

See below email.

John

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Danica Gardiner* <gardiner.danica at gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, July 23, 2016
Subject: New to J22
To: dogbreath47 at gmail.com

Hi,

I found your name on WYC J22 site and am hoping you may be able to help. I
grew up sailing and have been excited to get on my brother's Pearson this
summer, but we are looking to get our own and would prefer something a
little more fun, i.e. responsive, faster, spinnaker equipped, able to
eventually race. Having spent some time on J22s several years ago this is a
top choice for me, but Blake is new to sailing and would like to get some
experience with them before committing. As we do not currently live on the
lake, and will eventually want to race, I was hoping to get him some
experience through Wayzata Yacht Club as it is incredibly convenient to our
house. Is there a way for him to get out on a J22? He lacks race experience
so I'm unsure of how appropriate he would be at the crew's table quite yet,
but I'd love for him to get out for an hour or two with someone who has
experience with the boat.

Let me know if you know someone who would be willing to do this, and any
information you think may be helpful!

--
Danica Gardiner
gardiner.danica at gmail.com