[J22-Fleet 1] J/22 & J/24 Fleet #1 Join Forces for Icebreaker & UGotta

Kevin Kenny kevinpkenny at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 21:55:50 CDT 2016

Hello J/22 Fleet #1 Members,
WYC J/Boat Fleet #1s will combine forces to "rule" this year.  J/24s will be joining J/22 Icebreaker this year and, in the spirit of 'the more, the merrier', J/24s have invited J/22 Fleet #1 to join U-Gotta Regatta on October 8 & 9, 2016 (which will serve as J/22s Districts Regatta).

A few highlights:
(1) Dates:
   - Icebreaker: May 14 & 15, 2016

   - U-Gotta (J/22 Districts): October 8 & 9, 2016

(2) Organizing Authority:

   - J/22s will run Icebreaker.
   - J/24s will run the U-Gotta regatta.  It may be a World Qualifier event for J/24s.
   - Julie Neal will be J/22 Fleet #1's representative on UGotta Organizing Authority.
   - J/22 fleet members will need to volunteer and provide volunteers for Icebreaker and UGotta.

(3) Starts:
   - Icebreaker: J22s will start first, J/24s will start second
   - U-Gotta: J24s will start first, J/22s will start second
   - RC will use staggered starts to separate fleets (like they successfully did in Icebreaker last year)

(4) Fees:
   - For both Icebreaker and U-Gotta, guesstimated entry fees for J/22s are $100 (for 3/4 crew boats), subject to finalizing # of participants, food, regatta activities & RC costs.  See each regatta's Notice of Race for final details.
   - No discount for prepayment of entry fees for Icebreaker and Districts this year (as each event will be run by separate fleets).

   - For U-Gotta (J/22 Districts), additional social tickets will need to be purchased for additional social attendees (e.g., spouses, significant others, kids, etc.).

(5) J/22 & J/24 Fleet #1's Goal: SHOW UP AND HAVE FUN!  J/22 and J/24 participant feedback from last years Icebreaker was very positive.  J/24s and J/22s share same belief: 'the more, the merrier'.

P.S.  I hope they have cool UGotta shirts this year because I WANT ONE!  Josh Bone (J/24 U-Gotta Organizer) - Sign me up for pre-order!

Sincerely,
Kevin

Kevin Kennykevinpkenny at yahoo.com