[J22-Fleet 1] RaceQs tracking

Mike Miller miller.m at mchsi.com
Thu Aug 17 10:27:19 CDT 2017

Hi all,
A few of us in the 22 fleet have been recording a few of our Thursday races on a free app called
RaceQs.com. A large number of Capri's and a few Sonars have also been using this app and report good race analysis and fun using it. I now have created a J22 fleet within the website so we can view only our fleet. I am new at this but doesn't look to complicated.
If you want to join in the fun here is what is needed:
1. Load the free app on IPhone or Android. It is RaceQs.com on the IPhone. You need to register an account with email and password too.
2. Enter your boat name or number.
3. I leave live streaming off
4. Click preset start time to 18:20 or if able to 18:26, which is our actual start time for J22's. With the phone turned on, it will start the recording automatically. This eliminates the need to go down below and remember to turn it on. Only one person per boat should record. Under settings, you can preset an auto shut off mode. I set mine to battery less than 5%, speed greater than 20 kn and recording time of 2 hours. Your battery life should be greater than 50% to start, but it really does not use much power. After the race you can also turn off the recording manually.
5. Once done tracking, click save and upload. This track will now be in your tab tracks. You can view it at various speeds.
6. The real fun begins once you get home and log into your new account on raceqs.com
7. Your new track will appear on the race feed tab. After it loads, it may show all the WYC boats. On the left side arrow, only have a check mark for the J22's that downloaded their race.
You can then play around all the features and view some tutorials to gather the full analytics.
You will be impressed!
Thank Craig Smith for leading the charge on this!
A byproduct could be proof for redress of racing and finish order, should the RC not see you finish!
Or if you do a 720 or 360, proof again.
The photo enclosed shows the 4 boats that recorded last week, 2 minute 53 seconds after the start.
Mike Miller
En Fuego 486