[J22-Fleet 1] 2018 US Sailing National Championship

Jeffery Cameron Cameron at bipl.net
Wed Jun 7 15:19:00 CDT 2017

To All J/22 Owners!

As you may have heard, the Wayzata Yacht Club will be hosting the prestigious US Sailing Adult Championship (US Sailing's National Championship) in J/22's on Sept. 25-29, 2018 (not this summer, next summer) and we need your boats all of them, if possible.

This is a loaned boat event and so, some of the best sailors from around the country will be coming to race in our boats.

In order to request to host the regatta, we needed at least ten boats committed and we exceeded that amount already, so please know that many of your fellow boat owners have already agreed to lend their boat for the event.

I will be talking to each boat owner to get their commitment to loan their boat to this event.  I will be happy to answer any questions you have when we speak.  Also, be assured that we will have $1500 deposits from each team, specifically to handle any damage that may occur (there were no accidents at last year's event), we have insurance coverage in place, for this specific event to cover any damage above that amount.

Used parts
I have one other request, if you are replacing any equipment that is still usable (old sheets or blocks) please contact me and I will take them.  If they can be reconditioned or used as replacement during the event, that would be great.  We may end up just using new parts as replacements, but I would like to see what we can accumulate.

We know your boats are very special to you and will try our utmost to make sure they come back to you in as good or better condition than when you loaned them for the event.

Sincerely,

Jeff Cameron
Middle Crew
J/22 #1209