[J22-Fleet 1] J/22 Fleet #1 News - May 2017

John Dyer dogbreath47 at gmail.com
Sat May 20 12:31:39 CDT 2017

J/22 Fleet #1 News - May 2017

Upcoming Events

I’d like to welcome all returning and new J/22 sailors to the 2017 season!
We have a lot of great racing and social events scheduled, including:

   -

   Bay Rumbles
   -

   World-class racing clinic
   -

   Fun social activities

The season is already on its way with the Thursday night racing having
started, the Dave Cool Memorial Icebreaker Regatta completed, and the
Combined Fleet Championship and the Championship Series starting this
weekend.

J/22 Fleet #1 Midwinters Results

Let’s start off with recognizing the three outstanding WYC Fleet #1 J/22
teams that placed in the top 10 at the Mid Winters.

   -

   Kevin Kenny, Matt Thompson and Matt Carlson: 3rd place overall with a
   1st place race finish
   -

   Mike Schmid and Mike Miller: 4th place
   -

   Jeff Hames and Kurt Taken-Holze: 8th place

Dave Cool Memorial Icebreaker Regatta Results

The Dave Cool Memorial Icebreaker Regatta was last weekend.

   -

   Mike Bowers, Dave Brasch and Uta Moncur: 1st place
   -

   Team 810: 2nd place
   -

   Rod Komis, Thorn Turner and Andy Marston on 865: 3rd place
   -

   Mike Miller and Mike Schmid: 4th place
   -

   Steve Paidosh: 5th place
   -

   Maggie Olson on 989: top female driver
   - Katie Krauska on 881: top WCSC skipper

*Schedule - Sunset Series began last Thurs., May 11 - Many racers consider
this the ultimate in WYC J/22 fleet racing. We are looking forward to
potentially seeing 20 boats on the line this year.- Combined Fleet
Championship starts this Saturday, May 20 @ 2:00 pm- Except for May 20, all
Saturday warning signals will be at 10:30 am.- This outstanding weekend
series consists of 13 races on Saturdays and Sundays in May and June. MYC
runs the Saturday races, and WYC manages Sunday races.Come race when there
is little motor boat traffic.- Sunday WYC Championship Series starts on
Sunday, May 21 @ 2:00 pm- J/22 World Champion Mike Marshall Clinic, June
16, 17 and 18- There will be on-land seminars, on-the-water coaching, and
debriefing, along with socials by Jill Fynboh. - Details are being
finalized by Jeff Cameron and Kevin Kenny. Please plan on attending. Fleet
Dues, $50 - Fleet dues are a requirement to be scored. - Used for food and
beverages at socials, trophies, trophy maintenance, etc.- Make checks out
to the J/22 Fleet, WYC and mail to:- Mike Bowers, Fleet #1 treasurer- 5612
Hillside Ct., Edina, MN 55439 *Board of Directors Our fleet is fortunate to
have the following people who have offered up their time, skills and
talents to help make sure you have fun and improve your skills. They have
defined duties to ensure our fleet is responsive to the needs of you, our
members. If there’s anything we can help you with, such as rigging,
practicing, looking for or training crew,  please let us know.

   -

   Treasurer - Mike Bowers
   -

   Social Chair - Jill Fynboh
   -

   Regatta Chairs:
   -

      Dave Cool Memorial Icebreaker Regatta: Mike Miller (starting in 2018)
      -

      Fall District Championship Regatta and J/24 UGotta Liaison: Julie
      Neal
      -

   Fleet and Club Judge, PRO/WYC Liaison: Kevin Kenny
   -

   Marketing and Communications: Holly Jo Anderson
   -

   J/22 US Class and WCSC Liaison: Holly Jo Anderson
   -

   Fleet Development: Lars Hansen
   -

   Director at Large: Bob Leach
   -

   National Events Coordinator: Jeff Cameron

I look forward to seeing all of your transoms on the race course!

John Dyer