[J22-Fleet 1] Cool Cup Poll Reply by May 6th

Mike Miller miller.m at mchsi.com
Wed May 2 11:43:52 CDT 2018

Greetings racers,
We are 10 days away from the May 12-13 Cool Cup at WYC.
Here is an update:
1. Wayzata Bay still is 90% ice covered. It is black and shows signs of blowing out. Friday winds of NW 10-20 should do it. If so, Steve will turn on the crane immediately to allow boats to be launched. No assisted crane in is scheduled. If boats need help in launching, I will arrange help for launching on Friday May 11.
2. “A”dock is under construction. It may be done by May 11, but likely no power.
3. The main lake is mostly grey to black ice reported to still be a foot thick. It may not be out by May 12.
4. The water temps by May 12 won’t  be much above 40F. Hazard buoys will not be in place on the bay.
5. Most boats are still in winter storage.
6. There are currently only 6 J22’s preregistered. Zero J24’s.
7. The weather forecast for May 12-13 looks favorable to pleasant racing conditions.
8. We can hold the regatta in Wayzata Bay.

A decision to hold this regatta will be made by noon, Monday May 7, based on  ice out and NUMBER of affirmative reply’s to this poll.

Reply only to me by Sunday evening May 6, 6PM
I only want to hear from those who reply  “YES I Definitely will be be registering and racing”
If you are maybe or No, no need to reply.
Questions, call me at 612-868-2949.

Mike Miller
Regatta Chair

Sent from my iPad