[J22-Fleet 1] Districts and Other Updates

holly at veritasmarketing.com holly at veritasmarketing.com
Tue Sep 24 10:37:58 CDT 2019

J/22 Fleet #1:

Districts Update

Just a reminder that the J/22 Districts is part of J/Fest Upper Midwest. The
dates are October 5 through 6. Here's a link to the information on the
website https://www.wyc.org/ugotta. Whisky Jack from Duluth will be joining
us. This year, J/Fest will include J/22s, J/24s and J/70s. If you haven't
registered, please do so.

As you may know, last Saturday's rumble was in preparation for
districts/UGotta. The race committee ran two races, testing different
starting orders and courses. We had four J/22s participate in the rumble
last Saturday. Those of us that participated are working with the J/Fest
regatta committee and the J/24 fleet captain by providing feedback on
Saturday's race courses and making recommendations so that we have high
quality racing for all of the fleets.

Board of Directors Nominees

We are also working with WYC's commodore and vice commodore to nominate a
few of our J/22 fleet members on November's ballot for the WYC board of
directors. It's important that the J/22 fleet have good representation on
the board level. We will have more updates on this soon and may be looking
for support from the fleet. Current WYC board members can be found here
https://www.wyc.org/keypeople.

WYC Bylaws

The board of directors have also been working hard on updating the club
<https://www.wyc.org/bylaws> 's bylaws. There are several people from the
J/22 fleet providing input while they go through this process, including
Beth Frampton, Kevin Kenny and myself. Thank you for your efforts Beth and
Kevin!

Dave Cool Icebreaker Regatta Chair

A new Dave Cool Icebreaker regatta chair is needed. We are looking for
someone to head up the Dave Cool Icebreaker regatta for 2020. Dave Brasch
did an excellent job this year. He has provided the fleet with all of his
organizational information to make it easier for the next regatta chair.
Thank you Dave - it was a great event! All regatta's are truly a team
effort. And whomever becomes the next regatta chair will get full support
from other fleet members. Jill Fynboh, for example, does an exceptional job
developing the menus and making the social events a success. And the members
of the MN Women's Sailing Team and Judy work with Jill to support her. If
you're interested or have any recommendations for someone that may make an
excellent regatta chair for 2020, let me know.

We hope to see all of you out for Saturday
<https://www.wyc.org/page/show/3576137-schedule> 's Commodore Cup #1 this
Saturday - gun is at 10:00 am. Fall racing is excellent!