[J24 ListSrv]FW: TEAMYR04

Tim Oelschlager tim.oelschlager at mchsi.com
Sun Oct 17 23:37:32 CDT 2004

J/24 ClassHi Everyone,
 Your fleet Captain Jerry asked me to send this to all of you as he is out
shooting birds, and having some computer problems.
 It's that time of year already to start thinking about our team of the year
award for 2004, to be awarded at the Banquet this Nov. So start talking this
over with your crew, read the deed of gift carefully, and cast your vote to
your fleet captain Jerry Krebsbach via E-mail jkrebs at mn.rr.com or leave him
a message at 952-937-6200. Remember just one vote per boat, and try to get
your votes in by the end of the week so that we can get the vests ordered
and embroidered before the banquet to be given out to the well deserved
winners.  Thanks for getting your votes in  by the end of the week.
Please all who have trophy's from last season try to drop them off at the
club [WYC] ASAP. so that we can have them engraved for the new winners.

I've just returned from the annual District Governors meeting for the US
J/24 class in Dallas this weekend. It went very well. Next season we will
have the Great Lakes Champ. In our District, I'm thinking either Milwaukee
or Wilmette for this event. The Districts were in Geneva this past season,
unfortunately the Melges Yacht Club is not going to invite us back to sail
there again. I'm looking into alternative venues for the late fall time
slot. One of the ideas I have is moving U- Gotta to that time or maybe
another inland lake more centrally located with a fleet of J/24's to host
the event. The Lake Michigan guys don't want to host the event at that time
of year do to the possibility of a Nor-Easter which would be absolutely
miserable. Very cold, windy, huge waves, etc. sounds like fun for the
summer. Let me Know if you have any ideas.
Another event that doesn't have a home yet is the J/24 Women's World
Championship, which is going to run on the opposing year of the women's
Rolex Championships sailed in J/22's. I think that we should put in a bid to
host this event. It will draw about 20-25 boats. We have the facilities, the
race committee, plenty of really great boats that we could make available
for charter. This event would be easy to run and could put us on the map. I
would really like to see WYC. and J/24 Fleet #1 put in a bid to host the
event.This is a great opportunity for us.  It will be easy to put the
proposal together, and I can take care of that part of it.   If we all work
together it will be a lot of fun doing this event. It would be really cool
to see the women Rock Stars from all over the world compete on Golden Pond,
and we can promise them No Current. Please consider this event for our fleet
to host and let me know what we think.
Some of the other things we worked on at the meeting were class rule
changes- I'll let you Know more of those details if there approved by ISAF.
The class budget which is doing well.  World qualifier events for the World
Championship in Acapulco, Mexico. I  was able to get two qualifying spots
for our region for the worlds in Acapulco, so here's your big chance to sail
in the worlds.

Remember to Vote. Every vote counts.

Jibe Ho,
Tim
Your Dist. 15 Gov.
US J/24 Class

J/24 Class

Fleet #1

Yachting Team of the Year Trophy

2004 ???

1992 - SLEEPER

1993 - LEAD SLED

1994 - GOTCHA

1995 - RUSH

1996 - AMBUSH

1997 - DEAD RECKONING

1998 – Voodoo Lounge

1999 - Zoom

2000 – Dead Reckoning

2001 007

2002 Zoom

2003 High Heels

The 2004 season is nearing the end, and it is time for your boat to vote on
the Team of the Year award.  The following is a summary of the categories
that apply and the weights that each category carries.

PERFORMANCE:     50% of total score

The team that has shown the most performance improvement over last season,
or if it is their first season, the most improvement over this season.  This
does not mean the boat that won the most races should be given the most
points, or the boat that won the champ. series .It means improvement over
past performance regardless of the final finish place.

FLEET INVOLVEMENT AND GROWTH:     25% of total score

The team that shows the most fleet involvement and contributions toward
fleet growth.  Fleet involvement should include things like general
participation in racing events, participation in fleet activities such as
U-Gotta-Regatta, parties, seminars, participation in out-of-town regattas,
district and national events/activities, participation in club activities
such as board member, training sessions, and committees.  Contributions
toward fleet growth should include activities such as direct involvement
with encouraging people to purchase and race J/24's, involvement with and
encouragement to current less active members that might be in danger of
slipping away, and involvement in individual assistance in helping out with
tuning, boat handling and boat speed topics.

This category is very broad and should be looked at carefully.  Each
contribution that individual team members have made as well as the total
team involvement should be considered.

SPIRIT AND CAMARADERIE:     25% of total score

The team that shows the most spirit and camaraderie.  Spirit on and off the
race course and camaraderie in the fleet and club should be looked at for
this category.  It's not only the team that has fun regardless of how their
race is going, but the team that can have fun and encourage other people to
do likewise.  This category should include participation as an
organizer/worker at any of the social events for either the fleet or the
club, (remember - it's great to have fun at a good party, but it is better
to have helped throw the party and have fun at it too!)

Our Team is voting for---- ___________________________

Our team is _______________________________________

                Crew #1__________________________________Vest
size____________