[J24 ListSrv]Gone Sailin

Tim Oelschlager tim.oelschlager at mchsi.com
Fri Jul 8 02:26:16 CDT 2005

Great Lakes Championship Regatta

World Qualifier

July 23-24 2005 in Wilmette Ill.

Hi everyone,

The Great lakes are coming up in Chicago later this month. We need to get as
many of us to go to this regatta as possible.

They already have 17 boats signed up. If we could get 5-6+ boats to go that
would be awesome. We need to start traveling again or we will be the only
fleet left in the Midwest. If we go to their events they will come to ours

Wilmette is always a great time. Ask Uncle Roy, Murphy or Chad if you’re not
sure how to have fun in Wilmette. {they will give you some pointers}

Anyway It is a great place to sail and it would help to get more folks to
come to out U-Gotta-Regatta this fall.

More fun at home:

Sink the Island Party. Team Zoom is going to chair this fun new party on the
J/24 Island Thursday July 28 after the race. For just us J/24 sailors. We
are hoping to get all 19 of our boats out sailing that thurs. {we had 17 the
other night, we’re getting close}And me with one race at home under my belt
should talk. At least its in the water collecting slime.

 We will be having brats from Mackenthuns meat market {dam they are good}
and all the fixens. Oh, and of course a Barrel of beer on ice to wet your
whistle. It will be a free event for just us J/24 sailors.

We could use a few volunteers for a little help with the party.

Brat flippers, beer spillers, someone to make sure we have gas, {for the
grills} someone to pick up the beer that won’t drink it all on the way,
Goose litter removal before the party, cleanup etc.. It’s a #^%$@&8 job but
somebodys got to do it.

Let me or Chad know and we will put you to work.

Look forward to seeing everyone in Wilmette and at the Sink the Island
Party.

Jibe Ho,

Tim