[J24 ListSrv] Picture Day- June 4th

Ron McDonald ron.mcdonald at bluintelligence.com
Fri May 19 11:27:39 CDT 2006

In an effort to update the J24 section of the website in the near future,
I'm scheduling a "picture day" for June 4th right before and possibly even
after the 5th A-Series race.  Be sure to have your crew show up early so we
can get some photos prior to the race.  We'll schedule a Thursday shoot as
well as many of the crews are different on those days.  Wear your best
cut-offs and wife-beater tee¹s!

I¹ve talked with some of the other fleet members in the last couple of weeks
and have received some suggestions around events, family friendly parties,
team racing, crew (not wife) swapping in order to make the season more
interesting and spur participation.  I¹ll be communicating those ideas and
getting buy-in from boat owners in order to move some of those great ideas
forward.

Saturdays:
Believe it or not, we do have racing on Saturdays at WYC.  The Big Island
series is a lot of fun.  One of the things we can do for this series is a
format (rather informal one) that Hellfire and Kryptonite (typically the
only J24¹s present in the past few years) have done is ³crew at the helm².
Why not have some of your less experience drivers take the helm this year
and submit your boat the the Big Island series.  It¹s a great race and quite
a few boats from the other fleets do participate in this series.

The appeal of the series other than cruising around Big Island is that it¹s
a great way to start the day and you should have your boat put away by noon
and be able to enjoy the rest of your Saturday.  If you¹re on a crew and
don¹t have a boat, there are always boats that will pick you up for the
race.  (Hint: we could use an able body tomorrow).

See you on the lake,

-capt¹n Ron