[J24 ListSrv] FW: U-Gotta Regatta

Tom.Rickman tom.rickman at target.com
Mon Sep 17 21:24:56 UTC 2007

J24 sailors and friends,

Our annual U-Gotta Regatta is less than two weeks away.  Thanks to everyone who has volunteered so far to make this regatta great.  It's important that our out of town guests see we can put on a decent event so they come back next year for the North Americans.  We have boats coming from Duluth, Chicago (2), and Green Bay!

We still need volunteers!  We need people who have not volunteered before to step up.  These tasks are easy and fun. Volunteering goes a long way towards making our regatta and, in the end, our fleet better.

Registration (and T Shirt Sales):  Please call Randy Gould, 612 867-2793.  Randy could use volunteers especially for Saturday morning. Being a part of registration is fun.  You get to meet the entire fleet and weigh-ins are always entertaining!

Dinners:  We need a couple volunteers to help cook on Saturday after racing. It would be best, but not critical, if these volunteers were not racing so they can get a head start on cooking as the fleet returns on Saturday.  Matt Crump from Sleeper will be supplying the food (burgers / brats and sides).

Breakfasts:  We need a volunteer to setup the table with the basic continental breakfast supplies.

Crane:  One volunteer to help our out of town friends work the crane Friday afternoon / evening.

Lunches:  Matt Crump would like to have a couple people help assemble the bag lunches on Friday evening at the club.  Matt will supply the contents.

Please contact me, 952 926-3323, or Tim Oelschlager 612 240-2109 to volunteer.  Email works fine too!

Tom