[J24 ListSrv] Schedule changes

Dave Bennett david.j.bennett at comcast.net
Mon Jun 22 17:36:22 CDT 2009

Howdy folks,

If you haven't seen the club notice board (or just received another e-mail),
there have been a handful of changes to the WYC schedule:

B series # 3  (July 19th)  will start at 14:00
End of B Series party is moved from Aug 2 to Aug 9th
Burton Cup is moved from Aug 22 to Aug 29th.
Women's Cup race is moved from Aug 29th to Aug 22nd.

And as long as I'm sending this, here's a coupla other things:

* The thermometer today tells me we're well into Summer - let's get all of
y'all out on the line!
* A couple of boats have taken to using the Big Island series to let your
crew try out new spots - I think it's a great opportunity for any new
drivers/trimmers/tacticians.
* Several J/24's are coming out regularly for match racing on Mondays around
6.  If you've ever been interested in having a go at match racing, just show
up - it's definitely good practice for close-quarters boat handling and
tactics.
* If anyone has a spare boom available, our newest fleet member, Bryan
Wutzke would be interested to hear from you - He finally got his boat
together and out racing last week, and now has a busted boom.

-Dave