[J24 ListSrv] FW: U-Gotta-Regatta --- J/24 Great Lakes Championship Regatta this weekend Oct. 3-4

Tim Oelschlager tim.oelschlager at mchsi.com
Wed Sep 30 10:00:01 CDT 2009

Hey Kids,

We have one more weekend of J/24 Regatta fun coming up this weekend.  It is
going to be a blast we have a band on Saturday night  Sasha from up in
Bayfield will be playing !!! The E Scow bar will flowing w/ rum!!!,
A special thank you goes to Tina Heidelberger for her most generous donation
of a case of rum for us!!!!. the Pigs Eye Beer will again be on ice all
weekend.  We have an awsome lasagna dinner on saturday as well Randy and
Jane have been busy boiling noodles and balking this deliscious lasagna and
al the fixens for us. Please make sure to thank them for all there hard work
and generosity.  Of course we will have pleanty of wind for some great
racing this weekend as well.
The schedule for the wekend is at the bottom of the message.

If anyone is looking for crew or looking to crew let us know and we will
help make sure everyone has enough crew for the weekend.

The regatta is free!!!!  which is a treat for the fleet as a thank you for
all the hard work and time everyone put into the North Americans last
summer.

Ok there's always a catch, :(  we could use some volunteer help this weekend
with running the event. It would be truly appreciated if the fleet could
step up to the plate and help out.  see the list of what we need help with
below. please let me or Randy Gould know what your team will be helping
with.  Thank You..
Randy Gould
Randy.gould at ryancompanies.com
612-867-2739
Tim O
tim.oelschlager at mchsi.com
612-741-6820

Friday -- a couple of volunteers to help w/ registration.
someone to sell T-shirts
keeping the beer stocked and on ice.
 a couple of volunteers to clean up.

Saturday.

volunteers for registration.
someone to sell T-shirts
setting up breakfast stuff.
help settingup and serving dinner.
help set up for the band.
bartendors to serve the liquor at the escow bar.
keeping the beer stocked and on ice.
clean up volunteers.

Sunday

help serve and cook any leftovers.
someone to sell T-shirts
keeping the beer stocked and on ice.
cleanup

Here is the schedule of events:

Friday, October 2 5:00-8:00pm
5:00 pm Launching, registration and crew weigh-in
Food and drinks

Saturday, October 3 7:30-9:00 am Registration and crew weigh-in
9:30 amSkippers meeting
11:00 am 1st race
Lunch on the water
Up to 4 races weather permitting
Social -dinner band rum & beer

Sunday, October 4 11:00 am  Up to 3 races,
After race
Lunch, beer and awards

See you on the starting line,

Jibe Ho,