[J24 ListSrv] J/24 Fleet No. 1 News and Updates

Randy Gould Randy.Gould at RyanCompanies.com
Tue Dec 21 09:54:21 CST 2010

Good People:
We are coming to the end of the year and looking for some commentary on a few things as well as some feedback:

1.       If you haven't heard, our good friend John Pearson has had some health issues and needs our support.  The fleet will be sending over something early next week for him - try to get over to see him.  We wish him and his family/friends well.  Getting out to see John would be extremely appreciated by all and will indicate that John has a lot of folks behind him to all the hospital staff.

See his progress at: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/johnpearson/journal

2.       US J/24 Class District Governors Annual Meeting: (Timmy Follow-up for our fleet... Thanks Tim)

National Events:

*         Potential to host the US Nationals in 2013 - Timeline for decision on the proposal by January 2011.  Please provide your commentary back by the end of week related to pursuing the event.

*         2012 J/24 Worlds will be an open, criteria:

o   J/24 Class member in 2011

o   Race in a regional event in 2011 (2011 U-Gotta will be the Great Lakes or Districts - TBD) Our vote has been for the Great Lakes with District's at Wilmette again as this come to our District once every three years

3.       Good dates for our annual Fleet Party, soon rather than later  (January or February) Please provide your suggestion timeframe.

More stuff to come over the next few weeks!
Have a great holiday season, travel safe and enjoy the snow!

Randy Gould
Fleet Captain, J/24 Fleet No.1
J/24 USA5136 - VooDoo