[J24 ListSrv] J/24 Island Social - Thank you all for attending.

Randy Gould Randy.Gould at RyanCompanies.com
Fri Aug 12 09:18:40 CDT 2011

Owners, Skippers and Crew:

Thank you all for attending our impromptu meeting last night where we had the opportunity to make some great announcements.  Turnout was fantastic by you all and the mosquitos!

Please copy your crew and other Fleet participants on this email so we get the word out.

First off, I would like to say thank you to all the folks that helped out, with a special thanks to T.Cody and OZ for their efforts in putting together food and beverages for us.

A couple Items to follow up on:

1.    Support for U-Gotta Regatta, a great Lakes Championship.

We had about six hands go up to support Joshua, Tim and I in putting on this event.  It would be good that those people confirm up via email and we will start setting up folks on subcommittees for the event.

-  THANK YOU!

2.    J/24 website Editor.
USA15, Jazz Crew volunteering to get our information up to date on (http://www.wyc.org/j24/Home.aspx)
-  THANK YOU!

3.    Boat and Crew Training.
We had a report by Committee Chair, T. Cody, on the latest status for training. Outcomes:

a.     Owners to select from the group of options how they would like to participate by Monday August 15, 2011

*         Individually with a "scholarship fund" of $150 towards training

*         Group training, 4+ boats with dates to be selected from 8/28, 9/4 or 9/11.

b.     A motion by USA4250, Bubbles and second by USA2237, Sleeper for the following:

To extend Rule 17 Amendment to include a single day of J/24 Fleet Sponsored Group Training event.  Participation by a J/24 Fleet #1 member boat in this event would receive average points for a missed race for the current series.

A vote by a separate email to the Owners will be sent on this item.  If accepted by the Majority we will modify the Amendment to Rule 17 to include this single training event.

c.     Budget allocations not utilized for the year 2011 will be moved forward to 2012 budget allocations.

4.    North/Sails Group Purchased Discount.

We are looking to receive by tomorrow, Saturday 8/13,2011 any requests for N/S sails so that we can submit to the Costa Mesa loft for a group discount.  The intent is to maximize our purchase power through volume AND to negotiate a training opportunity with Chris Snow.  https://www.northorder.com/securenew/j24.php

What we need to know to estimate the discount they would provide:

a.     Type of sail (Main, Genoa, Jib or Spinnaker)

b.     Type of cut (New Port or San Diego)

c.     If a Genoa is desired, material selection (Pentex, Twaron or 3DL)

d.     Any non-sail accessories

e.     Delivery timeframes (this year for U-Gotta or for Spring 2012)

We will request that N/S get back to us mid next week with a response.

Thank you all again for participating.

Join the Tradition and Experience the Excellence

Randy Gould
J/24 Fleet Captain, J/24 Fleet No. 1
USA5136, VooDoo

612-492-4479 tel  |  612-867-2793 cell  |  612-492-3479 fax
randy.gould at ryancompanies.com<mailto:john.doe at ryancompanies.com>