[J24 ListSrv] US J/24 Class Update

Tim Oelschlager tim.oelschlager at mchsi.com
Fri Dec 23 20:54:55 CST 2011

                        U.S. J/24 Class Association Update

                        From the USJCA
                              Kelly Holmes-Moon at the helm of Bad Moon

                        Happy Holidays,

                        Below is the latest update on J/24 sailing in the
USA. We've had a great year of sailing and we have much more in store for
2012! We hope you get your boats out on the water and enjoy the greatest
one-design sailing around.
                        Remember, we need your input to keep this
information coming. If you have a newsworthy item, send it by email to
director at j24class.org and we'll get it out to all our sailors.
                        Smooth sailing,

                        USJCA Team

                        2012 J/24 Membership Available Now!

                        2012 U.S. J/24 Class membership is now available
online. Visit our website now to renew your membership so you can be ready
for our big year ahead. As usual, we have a nice wall calendar available
with some great shots of J/24 sailing from the past year shot by Tim Wilkes.
And if you choose, you can join at one of our premium levels to get some
cool apparel items embroidered with the official J/24 logo.

                        Join the J/24 Class here.

                        24th Annual J/24 Easter Regatta

                        April 6-8, 2012

                        Columbia Sailing Club - Columbia, SC

                        From Charles Bumgardner - Easter Regatta Chairman

                        Christmas is here, so Easter -- and J/24 Easter
Regatta -- are just around the corner. Plan now to be here at the Columbia
Sailing Club for the 24th running of this J/24-exclusive event. As always,
we plan for as much racing as possible, lots of fun, and good food.
Springtime weather systems should make this a great tune up for World
Championships in Rochester - but with warm water!

                        For well over two decades, this event has hosted
some of the largest fleets in the Southeast. Drop off your boat with us on
the way back from the Midwinters, or leave it here after Easter Regatta and
come back to visit the Palmetto State for Charleston race week. Or both! As
usual, the order of pull out at the crane is the order of registration. So
go online now and save your place.

                        More information and online registration here.

                        J/24 Midwinter Championship - Tampa, Florida

                        Warm weather, great sailing and great hospitality.
What more can we say?

                        Sign up now for one of the best regattas on the
planet. The J/24 Midwinters will be held February 11-15, 2012. It's a great
way to kick off the sailing season so get your crew lined up and get ready
to head to Florida and join in the fun.

                        More information and online registration is
available here: http://www.diyc.org/contentdetail.asp?ContentID=645

                        U.S. National Championship in Dillon, Colorado

                        The Dillon Yacht Club will be hosting the 2012 J/24
U.S. National Championship next summer on June 24-30. At over 9,000 ft above
sea level, this is your chance to sail at the "World's Highest Yacht Club"
in one of the most scenic parts of the country. Known for the challenging
sailing conditions and over-the-top parties, you won't want to miss this
event.

                        The website is live and registration is already
open. Look for more information to be posted soon at:
http://www.j24nationals.com/

                        J/24 Sailors Support Japan Tsunami Relief

                        From Mark Hillman, Chairman - J/24 East Coast
Championship

                        The 2011 J/24 East Coast Championship is pleased to
report that our infrastructure will be leveraged to aid in Japanese Tsunami
Relief.

                        When Sumio Shimoyama and his team travelled from
Japan to compete in the 2011 J24 East Coast Championship, few of us knew
what an impact he would make on our community during his visit. The values
of fair play, kinship and compassion truly rubbed off on the fleet in a
positive and endearing way. When he told us about the devastation wreaked
upon Japan by the Tsunami this past March, we felt compelled to act.

                        As many of you know, on March 11, 2011, Japan's
eastern seaboard was struck by a massive Earthquake and Tsunami, which left
destruction and hardship in its wake. All of the assets of the Kesennuma
High School Sailing Club were lost. As the region and its schools rebuild,
priorities are set. While it is understandable that High School sailing
might not top the project list, youth sailing is an activity that is near
and dear to our hearts. Without private funding, the Kesennuma High School
Sailing Club will no longer exist. Please donate what you can to keep the
sailing dreams of our Japanese brothers and sisters alive.

                        As part of this effort, discussions are underway to
build exchange programs between Japanese and American youth sailors to
deepen the ties between our communities.

                        Please visit
http://j24eastcoastchampionship.com/KesennumaHigh_Payment_Form.aspx today
and do what you can to help.

                              Click Here to Join the J/24 Class Now
                       Follow the J/24 Class on Facebook

      Forward email

            This email was sent to timoelschlager at gmail.com by
director at j24class.org |
            Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.

      US J/24 Class Association | 900 Old Koenig Ln, Ste 114 | Austin | TX |
78756