[J24 ListSrv] Looking for J22-J24 sail donations

false dirkguy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 13:16:35 CDT 2011

Hello Wayzata J22-J24 Fleet Sailors,

LOOKING FOR DONATIONS
Over the years we have gotten tons of donated sails from the great and generous
sailors from Wayzata and Minnetonka.  But we can always use more, especially
spinnakers.

If you have some sails in your garage that are a little moldy, we will take
them. We need them.
Just fill out the forms at this link and our crack team of club officers will
arrange a trip up to get your sails and take them off your
hands.  http://www.hoofers.org/donations or you can email us at
development at hoofersailing.org

MATCH RACING
Last summer we started a very successful pickup Match Racing program every
Saturday morning. We tried a variety of boats, but the J-22's were clearly the
best. We had about 25 people participate.

We hope to host a Grade 5 event sometime this summer when we get things worked
out. Match Racing has turned out to be a great way to cross cultivate the fleets
on our lake and build new friendships and improve skills. The combination of
short courses and mix and match crews, really makes for a fun morning of
sailing.

If your hooked into the match racing thing drop me a note and perhaps we can
create some introductory grade 5 events either in Madison, Sheboygan and
Minneapolis or all three.

Thanks again for your support in donated sails in the past, we hope to keep the
J thing going in Madison.

Dierk Polzin

http://www.union.wisc.edu/webcam/
http://www.hoofersailing.org